This weekend I had family in town for Easter Sunday and I made some fun treats for our Easter luncheon. This was another Pinterest inspired idea.
Not only were these cute, but they were yummy too!!
These were so fun to make, especially since I had help :)
To make these you'll need:
- cake mix
- sugar cones
- food coloring
- jelly beans
- Cut the bottom off the sugar cones.
- Place sugar cones in cupcake baking cups & in cupcake pan. (Tip: I used the mini cupcake baking cups to catch any stray cake batter at the bottom of the open cone.)
- Prepare cake mix, fill cones half way & bake cupcakes.
- Color coconut with food coloring.
- Remove cupcake baking cups from cone & frost cupcakes once they've cooled.
- Dip tops of cupcakes into colored coconut.
- Top with jelly beans. (Tip: If jelly beans fall off, put a little frosting on back side of jelly bean to make it stick to top of coconut.)
- Cut licorice to size and place on cupcake to look like basket handle.
You can also make these without the cones.
I made regular sized cupcakes with the rest of the cake batter & we braided the licorice for the handles.