Fall Decorations


This time of year is so exciting to me! I love the change in the air and the onset of coziness. 
We've had some fall decorations out for about 2 weeks and decided we would share. 
When I told my girls, ages 8, 6 and 3, that we were going to bring out the fall decorations, they were just as excited as I was! We listened to some inspiring piano music and enjoyed placing beauty around the house.

So here they are...



The top of the piano.



The faux mantle


Above the kitchen cabinets. 
Sometimes we add white or orange lights to the leaf garland up here. 
Right now there are some orange ones, but they don't look right this time around:)



Wreath above the buffet. 
We didn't put anything "fall" on the buffet for now.


The Front porch.



Mums!!! I love the seeing mums everywhere. 
When I see them, my heart smiles.






I have always loved decorating for holidays!
 Decorating for holidays is a special memory from my childhood. My mom would make it a big deal and we could hardly wait for each holiday. I remember being very content. I remember looking at each decoration over and over. I remember being bummed when there was nothing left in the box. 
I use to think that that was the reason that I loved decorating for the holidays, but I have realized that it is more than that. Some people think it's a waste of time and money. Sometimes that thought has crossed my mind too and I don't want to be wasting resources. I also thought that maybe I was just trying to keep up with the Jones or something like that. But I have realized, for me, it's more about the feeling it creates. When I see the beauty, it brightens my mood, it warms me and it truly makes my heart smile. And I want to share that with others. I want others' hearts to be warmed and to feel happy. So thank you for sharing with us and I truly hope your heart feels warm:)



RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...