Vampire Cape Tutorial




Cut out a collar template in whatever shape you want.  Make sure to measure how big you want the collar to be.



Cut collar out of extra stiff pellon.


Cut out two of the collar in the fabric you want to use.


Sew collar with right sides of fabric together and pellon on back of one piece.


Trim seam on collar and turn right side out.


Top stitch along sides and top of collar, leaving bottom open.


Cut out 2 pieces of cape in whatever fabric you want.  I just measured the length I wanted the cape and made my own shape.


Sew cape along sides and bottom with right sides of fabric together, leaving the top open.


Top stitch along sides and bottom of cape, leaving top open.


Attach back of collar and back of cape and sew together, leaving front edges of both open.  It's kinda hard to see in the picture above, but I left the lining and inside of color unattached.


Fold up lining of cape and pin to collar.  Sew along seam.


This is what cape should look like finished.


Attach hook and eye to cape for a closure.



RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog

18 comments:

  1. I was looking for this exact tutorial for my nephew's costume. Could you please tell me what fabric you used and how much of it you bought? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't remember the yardage. I just took my daughter with me and measured how long I wanted the cape to be. I used a black satan and red lining fabric.

      Delete
  2. Am trying to get the template for the vampire cape and am unable to get it to come up. Keep getting advertisements instead. Could you help me. My grandson wants to be a vampire and we do not have a cape yet and I would like to make one like this, but need the template. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no template on here, just the tutorial. You need to create your own template for the collar. Good luck. :)

      Delete
  3. Would the collar stand using a fusible interface? Or does it have to be pellon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it's stiff enough that should work.

      Delete
  4. This was so helpful. Thank you! I had a thick canvas (the drop cloth kind, for painters) at home, so I used two layer of this inside the top part to keep it more rigid. Worked well and saved me a trip to the fabric store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad our tutorial helped! Thanks for your visit to our blog!

      Delete
  5. Do I have to line my cape?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Exactly what I needed for my daughter's dracula costume. I couldn't find any black or red satan fabric, so I just used satin instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this tutorial! It was so easy to follow and turned out to be absolutely perfect. I paired it up with a matching vest for my sons dracula costume.

    I used a black satin and maroon taffeta for the lining. I also used an extra thick iron on interfacing. Was so simple.

    For those asking - I bought 1.5m of each fabric and that was enough to make a vest as well as the cape for a 7 yr old.

    Wish I could post a picture - I am so happy with the outcome. Thanks so much again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, so glad this tutorial helped! Thanks for the help with fabric yardage. I wish I could see your picture too. ☺

      Delete
  8. Do you know approximately the measurements you used for the collar template?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember, I just measured it to my daughter's neck.

      Delete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...