Fake Candles

I was so excited to see this post yesterday on Sawdust and Paper Scraps Blog because I needed candles for the candelabra that I made.
Which was also inspired from her blog & I posted about it here.


I didn't have any toilet paper rolls lying around, so I decided to make my own candles with cardstock and tape. I learned that tape doesn't paint very well, so either completely cover the tape with glue or don't use tape. By using cardstock, I was able to make my candles wider and taller than toilet paper rolls.


  You can rip the top of the roll into any shape you want to & then cover with lots of glue. I would recommend a larger glue gun rather than a small one like I have. It takes a lot longer when you're using little glue sticks :)


    I used the paper at the bottom so I could keep the glue from dripping too far down.


This is what they look like before they're painted. You could definitely use even more glue than I did, but I was running low on glue sticks, so I stopped here.


I painted mine white, stuffed them with plastic grocery bags (another great way to recycle the use of those) & placed a battery operated tea light in the top.
I think I love them even more than real candles!! Especially since all the candles I looked at today were more money than I wanted to pay for them. These were free because I had everything on hand already. Love that!


RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog

2 comments:

  1. Dang it I wish I would have read this post before I did some. I used TP rolls and they just aren't wide enough. Guess I'll have to make some more with cardstock, great idea. Oh and thanks for the tip about the tape. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DACIA, YOU ARE SO BRILLIANT! I WISH I LIVED CLOSER TO YOU SO YOUR CLEVERNESS COULD RUB OFF ON ME A LITTLE!

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...