Halloween Candelabra

My good friend Tiffany told me all about this awesome Halloween candelabra that she saw on Sawdust and Paper Scraps blog and once I saw it and showed my husband we both decided I should make one. He LOVES Halloween by the way!

This is our final product! (I say "our" because it was a group effort)

Check out the one Sandra, from Sawdust and Paper Scraps blog, created that I copied.
She has step by step instructions, so this project was pretty easy by following her directions.

  The hardest part was finding all the right pieces. Here was one of the lamps I found at a thrift store for $2.00. Gotta love that price tag!

Here is another one that I found for $3 at a thrift store. The crazy thing was that when Tiffany and I went thrift store shopping the first time there were a ton of lamps that we could have bought that would have been perfect, but because there were no chandeliers to be found we didn't buy any.

  Never fear though because we were able to find a chandelier. This one was still brand new at DI and was only $15. I decided to get it because I wasn't sure I'd find another one. Good thing too because I didn't ever find another one.

  We ended up with 4 lamps because we were going to make 2 candelabras, one table and one floor one. After we got the lamps and chandeliers, I took everything apart & got rid of all the electrical stuff. That was a lot of fun, but I didn't take any pictures of that.

  This was our spray paint party that Tiffany and I had. Lots of fun trying to get those red Christmas beads to be black. That took a lot more spray paint then we thought it would. After everything dried, I had to wait for my husband to help me assemble everything. I wanted it to be done right and I wanted it to be sturdy so it wouldn't fall over. Before assembly I had to buy a rod at the hardware store & we cut it with a hack saw just like Sandra did. I didn't need to buy any PVC pipe because I had all the pieces I needed to get the right height from all the lamps I took apart.

After taking apart all the lamps there were plenty of weights to choose from for the base to help weigh it all down.

We used a washer and bolt on top of the base as well to make sure it would be strong.

This is what it looks like with two lamps.

    And this is three! I know, we went a little crazy, but we liked all the dimensions.

    As you can see we didn't quite judge the length of the rod to well, but it was a good thing because we needed more rod to add another piece at the bottom to keep it steady.
Matthew was so excited that we had to take it all apart and re-assemble it :)

We decided to add this weight on top of the base because the base was made of a flimsy metal that flexed with the rod. With the added weight, it's now SOLID. Nothing more spray paint can't fix!

This is what it looked like all assembled. It was a fun group project!

This chandelier had tiny holes where the screws held on the glass light fixtures & I thought they were the perfect place to glue all the beads.

The beads were a great solution to hide those tiny holes. This also ensured that they were all glued in the same spot on each candle holder. I'm kind of a perfectionist.

I glued on beads pretty much the same way she did on Sawdust and Paper Scraps blog.

More beads!
You can't have too much anyway!
Notice how some of the beads are still kinda red. I took care of that with a little more spray paint!!

Here it is all done!!
You'd think I would have moved that black Halloween net on the floor before taking this picture.

These are my homemade Halloween candles that I saw here. Love them!! The candle in the middle is an electrical one I found at the thrift store this morning for a buck. I added some hot glue to that one too and painted it white so it would match the others.

Thanks to Tiffany for sharing the idea with me & for sharing all her ideas with me!!
Thanks to Sandra at Sawdust and Paper Scraps blog for being so creative, giving me step by step instructions & for sharing it with all of us!!
(Here is another totally awesome project that she did with lamps. So wish I had more so I could make these too!)
And thanks to my hubby for helping me figure out which pieces would look best together and for helping me assemble it!!
I love how it turned out and I'm so excited to have it for Halloween every year!!

RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog


  1. you totally rocked that. And I am so making some of those candles for mine.

  2. Awesome job on the candelabra! I'm also loving how your candles turned out. Mine are still sitting on my desk half finished. Darn hot glue gun. I'm afraid of it now. :-) Sandra


We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...