Valentine Treats - S'more Pops

I guess it's my own fault for making Valentine treats every year, because this year my son said, "I want to make our own Valentine's again." I guess we're not the type who get to buy them in the store, write names on the back & pass them out. That would be too easy wouldn't it? Oh well, like I said, it's my own fault :)
So I had to think of something yummy and cute that we could make because I couldn't do the same thing we did last year, even if that would have been okay with my son. He really like the robots.


These are the Valentine treats our kids are taking to school tomorrow.
They are S'more bites (kind of) on a stick from Crazy Domestic.

picture credit: http://www.crazydomestic.com

I found this adorable treat online at Crazy Domestic & I pinned it right away to my pinterest board. I knew this is what I wanted to make for my kids' Valentine treats.


We decided instead to put them on a lollipop stick, but thought one looked too small, so we opted to put two on a stick. This is one of our cute little helpers!


We dipped them in the chocolate.


Then since we couldn't find a cute tiny heart shaped cookie cutter, we just dipped the hearts in graham cracker crumbs. If you have a tiny heart cookie cutter, I would go with Crazy Domestic's idea because this way you don't get very much crust taste. (Man I wish I could have found a small cutter like hers.)


Anywhoo, we let them sit in the freezer to harden, then we dipped them in the chocolate.


Let the chocolate harden on wax paper and then decorate how you like. If you're going to add sprinkles, I'd do that right after you dip them in chocolate.


We decided to decorate ours with pink candy melts because I still had some up in the cupboard. I just melted the candy melts in the bag they came in, cut a hole in the corner and drizzled over the top of the chocolate.


Adds some cute Valentine color.


After the chocolate and candy melts had set, we wrapped them in little bags & tied a heart with ribbon around it. Hearts were cut on my Cricut using the SCAL software.


Tada, all done.
The kids enjoyed helping and they are so excited to pass them out tomorrow at school.
For recipe and directions for S'more Bites, visit Crazy Domestic.

10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! those turned out ADAORABLE! I love your idea for just dipping in graham cracker crumbs, SO much easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! I am going to have to try these! I LOVE smores! What a great treat :)
    Erica @ http://bisforboycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out sooooo cute! Good job. I wish I could have let you use my little heart cookie cutter! But really, they turned out great with the crumbs! Those kids are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Impressive! These look really good and you guys did a great job. I'm one of *those* moms who sent my toddler to school with lollipops and I scrawled names on the little sheet of paper. :s I aspire to be like you. :) Have a great V-Day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... oh, and I forgot to thank you for stopping by my blog. See? I could never make such great treats with my little guy, I can't even remember to say thank you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! My children's school does not let them bring in any food. This year my son who is a third grader decided not to bring in any Valentines this year - kind of sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look really professional and super yummy! Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look professionally done! Love them and what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...