Cupcake Bouquet Tutorial

A lady from work decided to pursue other career goals and I wanted to bring her cupcakes on her last day of work with us. I wanted a more personal and beautiful way of presenting them than just pretty cupcakes. So I decided to make a bouquet out of the cupcakes.


Fortunately, I had all the supplies I needed lying around my craft room. Which saved me a trip to the store. Yeah, no need to go shopping with a three year old. That just made my life a little bit easier. Now to bake the cupcakes and put it together without my son giving me too much trouble. Too bad it's not nap time. Time to multi-task.


For this project you'll need:
~ a cute little pot
~ a round Styrofoam ball
~ glue dots
~ toothpicks
~ tissue paper
~ floral pins
~ Oh and don't forget the cupcakes


Step 1: Attach Styrofoam ball using glue dots to the pot. You want to make sure it is secure because you don't want to worry about the Styrofoam ball deciding to roll off at any given time. That would be disastrous especially with all the cupcakes attached.
Step 2: Insert three toothpicks into the Styrofoam ball then place cupcakes onto the toothpicks.
Arrange cupcakes however you desire. I started with one on the very top and alternated each row as I went around the Styrofoam (spell check wants me to capitalize Styrofoam, interesting) ball. I know I get distracted easily.

Step 3: Cut tissue paper into squares. Place a floral pin in the middle of the square and insert into the Styrofoam ball in the spaces between the cupcakes. I doubled my tissue paper to give it a fuller look. You could also use other items to fill the space, this is just what I happened to have on hand. Besides I really wanted the cupcakes to stand out. Voila. You have a beautiful display and gift of delicious cupcakes.

 If you are wondering what kind of cupcakes I made, they were lemon cupcakes filled with raspberry jam topped with raspberry cream cheese frosting. You can find the recipe here.
Tip: You might want to refrigerate your cupcakes prior to assembly. This way the frosting is hardened a bit. Funny thing, as I was delivering the cupcakes, I didn't have anyone to hold them so I had to set the pot on the floor. Well I turned my heat on because it's like 0 degrees here now (okay maybe a little exaggeration but still, I was cold), well it basically warmed up the cupcakes and one lost it's frosting onto the carpet of my truck. I was bummed (not because my truck was a mess but because the bouquet was missing one of it's cupcake flowers). Oh well, I guess we'll just have to turn the bouquet around so no one can see the one without any frosting.
Oh and because I just had to know, Styrofoam is a proper noun. It is a trademark of the Dow Chemical Company thus it is supposed to be capitalized because it is a brand name. You learn something new every day.









RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog

3 comments:

  1. NOSSA!!QUE DELÍCIA.BOA SEMANA.BEIJO.VALÉRIA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh your cupcake bouquet is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love it, you did a beautiful job with it!!! And it looks delicious, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...