De-Junking the House!

I've been dying to get some organizing done in my house, but I've been so busy with other things that I haven't had the time. I woke up Monday morning and decided that it didn't matter what else I had going on, I was going to clean and organize a few areas of my house.
I better warn you that this looks like an episode of Hoarders, but I swear it's not.
I promise I keep a clean and orderly house, but for some reason this part of our house CAN NOT stay clean.



This is my desk area where I do most everything--can't you tell?
Not too inspiring of an area!


Lucky for me, you can't see this area until you come into my house and go down a level.
It's the first place we enter when we get home, so it's become the "catch-all" area.


It's also the area where my kids books are and anything else they decide to throw on the floor.
Looking at these pictures I took in January (probably on it's dirtiest day), makes me happy I got rid of the entire setup.


I started by clearing everything from the entire area. Then I dismantled the desk and vacuumed the space, including the wall that even had dust on it. You can't see the piles of stuff on the floor that are now waiting for a place to go.


  Then I set up these desks that I bought at Ikea back in January. These are Vika Amon table tops with black legs. I think both desks cost me about $116 total, which was an awesome deal for 2, considering one usually costs more than that. See how long it's taken me to get this project done--and I even had everything I needed to get it done. Now I just need to get everything back on the desks and decide how I'm going to organize the area. Already 100% improvement from the previous photos!! That's not all I got done, but I'll save that for another day. And now I need some chocolate!


 

2 comments:

  1. good on ya sis! It feels so nice when things are clean and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that feels like a huge load has been lifted. Now the fun part finding fun ways to organize it all. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Side note: We're coming up the end of April after tax season and while the kids are on Spring break, about the 22nd or so. Must get together. : )

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...