Fabric Flowers

The girls at our church wanted to make flower hair accessories for our activity this week, so today I'm sharing some of the flowers I made. I also made some with ribbon, but I've already shown those on my wreath last month.



I have a lot of fabric scraps & I thought this was a perfect way to use those scraps.


The striped flower was made by cutting a strip of fabric & folding it in half length-wise. It's gathered and rolled into a flower shape. This is a sewn flower to keep it's shape.




This polka dot flower is a simple one too. Cut a strip of fabric, gather it with thread on one end and roll up like a flower. Secure with thread as you go, so the flower holds it's shape. This one is embellished with a button.


The black flower is a pom pom flower and I have a tutorial here. The red flower is just like the tissue rosette I made here. Both of these flowers are made with a hot glue gun & you glue as you make it, so it will keep it's shape.



We hot glued flowers to headbands and clips the other night. These flowers will end up on headbands and clips as well. I'll be sure to show you the finished product once I match it to my dress :)




This post is linked up at:

Weekend Bloggy Reading button+FTF.jpg Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingTidy MomSpunky JunkyJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party! Tip Junkie handmade projects

18 comments:

  1. They all look great!! It gives me a great idea to make some to add to a bag I am currently crocheting. A couple fabric flowers would be a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh! I am so excited! My mom just came in today from the states and brought some crafty things, and this is on the list! Thanks for the ideas, cannot wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those!! good job sis! I really like those pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just over at kojodesigns for Friday Fun Finds and spotted your link. Those are beautiful! :) (I am now a follower too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers - I want to try to learn how to make them, I'll follow your tutorial. Thanks for sharing! I saw your link at Chic on a Shoestring, and I became your follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo adorable. Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love these and what I love most is that they dont require a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute bunch of flowers! A great way to use up scrap fabric, and they'd make cute gift wrap decorations too i imagine! :)

    Tnx so much for stopping by to link this up at my party this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiya these flowers are so cute x i came here via homemaker on a dime and i an glad i did x i am following you and maybe you will do the same for me x
    http://emilysnan.blogspot.com/
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, those would be SO pretty on a spring wreath!


    ~h

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these and I totally want to make some for my own hair. Thank you for sharing I found you at tatertots and jello link party

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are lovely!!! I love fabric flowers. :) My fave is the one with the pink button center!

    Thanks so much for linking up to my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to use some of my scrap fabric and make some of these, they're very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely flowers!
    im your newest follower
    abranconier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been on a flower making kick and can't wait to try these tutorials you have! Thanks! I found you at Tip Junkie!

    dailycreatingjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you have a picture tutorial for the striped one? I have a hard time visualizing how you gathered it and sewed it. Thanks for the awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't have a pic tutorial. Maybe I should create one. :)

      Delete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...