PTR Sour Apple Skirt

Here is The Sour Apple Skirt that I made for my last Project Toddler Runway challenge! Believe me, I almost scrapped this one because it wasn't turning out at all the way I had planned. Instead of just giving up, I decided to email a few pics to Creative Momma D to get her opinion. She gave me a few suggestions and saved me from having to start all over! Phew! After a few alterations, it actually turned out really cute! There will be more of these in the future.....after a nice long break from sewing!
The Sour Apple: This skirt is a fun one because it looks just like an apple. The waistband and bottom layer are made from satin crepe, the middle layer is a thin shimmery tulle and the top layer is chiffon. The chiffon, which drapes nicely, parts in the front to show the texture of the different layers. The shirt is just a t-shirt that I added a felt apple applique to and it compliments the skirt. The headband is elastic, with 2 layers of ribbon, a ribbon flower and a white stud. She can also get away with wearing this for St. Patrick's Day. I love when things work out like that! Today we're partying over at:

4 comments:

  1. hiya , just stopped to say love the skirt it is sooo cute x
    tfs
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is fun, totally girly, and soft. I love the color, and it's a nice break from the typical pink, however i think my girl would probably still take pink any day, if she had the choice, lol.

    I'm glad you didn't give up, it turned out fantastic.

    Thanks for always inspiring me, and linking up to **Amaze me August**
    ! Bella Before and After , and if you are a sz8.5, and love cute shoes, come enter to win a pair of BCBGirls Hipster sandals ....GIVEAWAY HERE, I really appreciate the support.

    Hugs,
    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty skirt!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $35 + free shipping to get a custom trendy backpacks from Paige Holliday Designs, an Etsy store. All you have to do to win is leave a comment saying which backpack you like.

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this skirt - my kids will love it too! Had to show it off :)

    http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2011/03/friday-sew-crazy-features.html#more

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...