Glitter Ornaments

As I showed you in a previous post, this year the ornaments on my tree are black, silver, grey & fuchsia.
Not traditional colors, but colors I've been dying to do since last Christmas.
I did not have enough black ornaments, so I figured I'd alter some fuchsia & silver ones with black glitter.


 I bought these silver glitter ornaments at Walmart after Christmas last year when they were something like 70-90% off.  The fuchsia, I bought at a local craft store during the Christmas clearance sale as well.
I usually plan my colors for the next year, so that I can hit the after Christmas clearance sales.


The fuchsia bulbs had gold on them and since that didn't match, I figured I'd replace it with black glitter.
Just draw on glue and cover with glitter & you're done.


This is one of the silver bulbs.  I just added glue where the silver glitter was and covered it in black glitter.


And this is what it turns into.
Obviously I didn't worry too much about the stray glitter, but I did tap a lot of it off once the glue was dry.


I have a lot of silver bulbs, so I figured I could completely cover these in black and no one would miss the silver.


I used spray adhesive and then rolled the bulb in black glitter.
I have to admit that there was glitter all over my kitchen and my husband was so happy about that ;)


Here is the fuchsia bulb all finished. 


And here is another silver glitter one that I drew my own design on.
They look so great on my tree and I can't wait to get pictures of it posted.
As soon as our annual cocoa party (tomorrow night) is over, I'm sure I'll get to those pictures :)


RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...